Ways to Naturally Reduce Dark Spots
Dark Spots, we all have them and we all want them gone! So how? Dark spots can be due to hyperpigmentation, acne scarring, genetics, over plucking, and health issues.
So, below I will give you a few recipes that help to reduce those pesky dark spots. But first, some ways to be proactive and not get any more dark spots on your skin.
1. Don't pick at your skin - with ANYTHING. Our nails carry bacteria and anytime we pick at a scab or bump, it increases the chance for bacteria to enter the skin.
2. Stop plucking! If you're like me, you likely have unwanted facial hair and it's easy to pluck at your facial hair. If you must pluck, cleanse your slanted tweezers with Alcohol prior to use. Make sure you grab as close to the hair follicle as possible to reduce the chance of ingrown hair.
3. Drink Water - you should be drinking half of your body weight in ounces per day. Your skin and organs will thank you.
4. See a dermatologist - Some hyperpigmentation is due to genetics or health issues. You may need to see a dermatologist in order to chemically correct your skin.
5. Find a licensed esthetician who specializes in your complexion and concerns.
Below are some recipes for naturally lightening and reducing dark spots. Allow for a 2 week review period to see what works for your skin. If you have sensitive skin, test a patch of the turmeric first!